Steeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Dating back to Norman times, with sweeping landscaped gardens and turreted Round Tower, it’s easy to see why it’s the Queen’s favourite weekend residence. Enjoy a fascinating through-the-keyhole peek at the lavish State Apartments, home to priceless artworks by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci, and visit St. George’s Chapel, the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII. You can visit Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, a truly incredible structure complete with working lifts, running water, electricity and wine bottles, all in miniature!
You’ll never forget your first glimpse of spectacular Stonehenge, its monolithic rocks rising up against the skyline on Salisbury Plain. Theories abound about the mysterious rock formation. Was it intended as a religious temple? An astronomical clock? A Bronze Age burial ground? Make up your own mind as you explore the unique landmark that has had the world stumped for 5,000 years.
Standing proudly on the slopes of the River Avon, beautiful bath was the first city in England to be designated an UNESCO World Heritage site. The gorgeous 15th century Bath Abbey, the stunning Georgian architecture, the romantic Pulteney Bridge, modelled on Florence’s Ponte Vecchio, are all sights to linger on in the memory of your day. Upon reaching Bath, you are given ample free time: perhaps enjoy tea at the pump rooms or visit the Jane Austen centre (entry not included).
This tour will finish at approximately 7.00pm in London.
Days of departure:
Golden Tours Visitor Center Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London, SW1W 9SH
When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
When Windsor Castle is completely closed, we will visit Hampton Court instead.
You will be dropped back at Kensington and Victoria areas subject to traffic conditions.
Windsor Castle closures:
St. George’s Chapel:
- 9 and 10 April 2020 – Castle completely closed. Tour will visit Hampton Court Palace instead.
- 22 April 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed.
- 4 May 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed.
- 5 May 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed.
- 6 May 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed.
- 7 May 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed.
- 14 June 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed.
- 15 June 2020 – Castle completely closed. Tour will visit Hampton Court Palace instead.
- 16 June 2020 – The State Apartments will be closed.
- 25 and 26 December – Castle completely closed.
St. George’s Chapel is usually closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.